Interlocking countries and cultures create a jigsaw of history, art, architecture and cuisines, along with time-honoured traditions and inspired new trends. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Western Europe, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Western Europe is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast on Renaissance art in Florence, island-hop in Greece, or sail Amsterdam’s canals; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Western Europe Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, etiquette.
• Over 190 maps.
Coverage Includes: Britain, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany and more.