It’s the dawn of a more democratic era in this extraordinary land, where the landscape is scattered with gilded pagodas and the traditional ways of Asia endure. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Myanmar, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be dazzled by Buddhist architecture in Yangon, explore Bagan’s amazing plain of ancient temples, or hike to the floating gardens and markets of Inle Lake; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, religion, politics, cuisine, environment, wildlife, architecture, responsible travel, festivals, sport, traditional crafts, dance, theatre, music, literature, cinema.
• Over 60 maps.
Coverage Includes: Yangon, Southern Myanmar, Bagan, Central Myanmar, Yangon-Mandalay Highway, Temples of Bagan, Eastern Myanmar, Inle Lake, Mandalay, Northern Myanmar, Lashio, Myitkyina, Western Myanmar and more.