We’ve selected 36 amazing road trips through Southern & Eastern England, Southwest England, Central England, Lake District & Northern England, Wales and Scotland from three day escapes to three week adventures, and packed them full of expert advice and inspirational suggestions.
Whether you want to wind along roads surrounded by majestic mountains in the Scotland’s Royal Highlands & Cairngorms or discover a rich heritage full of nautical, archaeological and architectural sights in England’s historic south, we’ve got the trip for you.
Inside Lonely Planet Great Britain’s Best Trips:
• Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout.
• Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests.
• Get around easily – 36 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions.
• Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road – local driving rules, parking, toll roads.
• Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Useful features – including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip.
Covers: England, Scotland, Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, Bath, Edinburgh, Stonehenge, Welsh Mountains, Cambridge, Oxford, the northern wilderness, Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and more.